Your THOCPA supportive care team is here for you
Where do you go to get answers? Or where do you go to get the basic questions just to ask? Getting information about what to asked, what happens next, how to understand your diagnosism and most important, how will your treatment impact your life becomes your priority #1.
Providing you with the support and guidance you will need to adjust and cope with cancer is what our THOCPA care team does.
Preparing for your first appointment
Organizing your information and questions before you see your THOCPA team can be very helpful both to you and to your team. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your first appointment.
What to bring for your first appointment
Bring notes about your personal health history, including the dates, for the following:
- Your past and present health problems
- Any surgeries or procedures and the dates of each
- Tests and the results, if known
- Any allergies
- Vaccines you have received
- Any supplements and vitamins you are taking including; over-the-counter medications
- Health information about your parents, grandparents and siblings, if known
- Also, write down any of the following:
- Questions you have for your healthcare team; underline or highlight a few of the most important questions
- Any new symptoms
Ask a family member or friend to come with you to the visit, to listen and take notes while you are talking with your healthcare team
- If no one is available to come with you, the peer navigation program can help. Please call at least 5 business days before your appointment to request help
Bring your insurance card and identification
Bring a copy of your advance directive or durable power of attorney for health decisions